21 June 2009

We spent a last, fun night in Luanda, then headed for the airport about 30 hours ago. Long wait there for a quick flight to Joburg, where Kristin Pires stopped over to see friends. She'll be flying out tonight, and then going on to Germany.

Nina Clancy, Steve and Dustin Koobatian and I continued on to London. Fine flight on Virgin Atlantic, and smooth sailing when we hit the ground. Steve and Dustin were met by friends from California at Heathrow, and they'll be staying on in London.

Nina and I took the bus to Birmingham. I jumped off at the National Exhibition Centre, which is where the Rotary International convention is going on right now. Nina continued on to central Birmingham, where Mike is waiting to meet her.

Lots of great stories to tell about Angola, a ton of great pictures and videos. I'll start posting pictures, I hope, tonight (I'm looking for a pub with WiFi -- I wonder if such a thing exists?).

No comments:

Post a Comment